You can access this service to get a range of possible diagnoses and advice on treatment for your skin condition.
This service entails accessing advise from a Specialist in Dermatology remotely, via your computer, tablet or even mobile phone.
You will complete a simple form with as much information as possible regarding your skin problem and can attach up to 5 photographs to help the doctor interpret your skin problem. There is a box for additional information as well.
The service costs just £40 and you will get one reply to your enquiry within 48hrs including potential diagnoses and advice on possible treatment.
It is important therefore to make sure you have attached all the information before you send it.
You will need to make a payment when you submit the consultation using PayPal's 128 bit fully encypted secure payment gateway where we take CC payments.
All the information will reach us via a secure server and you will get a reply through an encrypted email that you can open with a password of your choice.
You can rest assured that confidentiality and safety is our upmost priority.
It is important that you read the following tips and disclaimer before you proceed with your e-consultation.
All consultations will be assessed and replied to by Dr Inma Mauri-Sole, Associate Specialist in Dermatology , Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK.
The attached form is designed to help the doctor interpret the information in the most effective way. It is important that you fill in all the fields with as much detail as possible.
Try to use accurate language to describe the location, distribution, shape and symptoms of the skin condition.
When taking photographs, the following tips are useful:
• Take different views of the same lesion/rash.
• Try to take a general view to put the rash/lesion in context and then a close up with the optical zoom mode on your camera.
• If the rash affects different sites, please send a variety of anatomical locations to get a better idea of the distribution.
• Make sure that your pictures are in focus.
• You can use a variety of cameras or even telephone cameras as long as the images are clear.
• You may want to experiment taking several images and attaching the ones that best represent your problem.
• Please beware that the reply can only be interpreted as advice in the light of the information submitted, and it’s no substitute to a face to face consultation. However, it may help you to improve the management of the problem, or to approach your doctor for a face to face consultation or to request a specialist referral for further investigations.
• An accurate on line diagnosis may not possible due to the need for a face to face consultation or further tests.
• The service mainly aims to aid people and point them in the right direction to access further advice to achieve a diagnosis and treatment of their skin problems.
• If you live outside the UK you will have to follow the referral procedures applicable in your country to have access to a face to face consultation.
• If the reply includes advice on management, this will be regarding preparations/drugs available in the UK, and following national UK guidelines of treatment for several skin conditions. We will endeavour to reply with generic drug names when appropriate and also provide web related advice links on the relevant skin conditions.
• Please note that we do not accept images of genital lesions.
• Photographing children can be challenging, as it is difficult to obtain a clear image, and this service may not be appropriate in those circumstances.
By sending us information and images about your skin condition you are agreeing with our terms and conditions above.